How to Make It
Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment (allow it to come 2cm above top of tin). Mix the flour's bicarb baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
Mix the banana syrup, eggs and yoghurt. Quickly stir into dry ingredients then gently scrape into the tin and scatter with nuts if using. Bake for 1 hr 10 mins-1 hr 15 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
Cool in tin on a wire rack. Eat warm or at room temperature with low-fat spread.
- Butter for the tin plus extra to serve
- 140g wholemeal flour
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g mashed banana from overripe black bananas
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 3 large eggs beaten with a fork
- 150ml pot natural yoghurt
- 25g chopped pecan or walnuts (optional)