Speedy Turkish Pizza
How to Make It
Preheat the oven to gas 7 220°C fan 200°C. In a large frying pan heat 1 tbsp oil over a medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Gently fry for 5-8 mins until softened. Add the lamb mince and pepper and fry for 3-4 mins until browning. Pour off and discard the excess liquid and fat from the mince then add the spices and fry for 2-3 mins until fragrant. Set aside.
Unroll the pizza dough and place each one on a baking sheet. Spread half the chopped tomatoes over each base leaving a 2cm border. Top with the lamb mix and cheese and drizzle each with 1 tsp oil. Bake the pizzas for 10-15 mins until golden. Serve half a pizza each with salad leaves.
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus 2 tsp to drizzle
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 250g pack lamb mince 10% fat
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp crushed chillies
- 2 x 280g packs ready-rolled pizza dough
- ½ x 390g carton Italian chopped tomatoes with olive oil and garlic
- 100g feta cheese crumbled
- Salad leaves to serve (optional)